About This Blog

This blog attempts to chronicle my interest and growing visibility in the shaman's way. As a child I was very open to spirit worlds, and this quality was fostered and nurtured by my parents, my mother especially. In my twenties I found myself immersed in the study and practice of Polarity Therapy, a holistic system of bodywork, counseling, yoga, and nutrition developed by Dr. Randolph Stone. I began my Polarity Practice in 2002, and it is from this point that shamanic doors began to open and I began to journey with my clients. In 2009 a radical series of life events and unexpected doors began to fly open in fast succession. The most deeply touching is that of the whirling dervish, where I was trained and initiated in a five month intensive process. Following the blazing path opened to me, I now work with daily practices combining many forms of bodywork, meditation, yoga, and ecstatic dance. I remain true to the beating heart of Ayahuasca on a personal level, and to the community of the Shuar from which she came to me. My doctorate on spiritual and artistic practice will be completed in 2014. Please share in my personal journey, it is ever growing and ever changing. As we each awaken and New Earth is being co-created, every one of your comments are most welcome. In Eternal Peace~ Hannah Skywalker Dancing Heart

Monday, August 22, 2011

Nourishment

I would like to write tonight about the power of an eternal embrace.  This embrace, it comes not from one place or one thing, it is rather a part of every moment.  Consciousness is streaming toward us with every small breath, all we need do is open and receive.  As part of my own spiritual awakening, receptivity is something I have struggled with.  The loyal soldier in me, the one who can take on and transform anything, had to learn to rest.  She had to lie down on the earth and feel the etheric currents of the plants coursing through her, skive off of work for awhile, develop herself and her practices.  And what joy then!  The socially responsible artist is an archetype that is very dear to me, and what I found, in the months in which I have been mainly having tea and meeting beautiful people :) is that an integrated life means rest as well as responsibility...seeds require both water and sunshine to flourish :)  

 http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Ecstasy comes not by way of the evasive 'new age' or 'hippy' movement, but by the way of courage.  To face our shadows, our shame, our insecurities, to honour these in ourselves and flow, this is the path to a total and lasting embrace.  In psychedelic, near death, and spiritual awakening processes the frightening and the ecstatic work in concert.  One goes through the dark night, through the trauma, through the shit, and then comes the peace and the love.  Without one the other does not exist.  The mutuality and balance of the vile and the beautiful is a key truth, and one which I will write about more in the next post.  Uncomfortable, but worthy.  The presence, eternal and loving and lasting presence, of love carries it all.  Carries us all, nourishes us deeply so that we may face our addictions, prejudices, patterns of behaviour, and "transform" them with courageous acceptance.  

In vulnerability, and courage, and *love*.  Peace~

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, I love your new blogspot! Congratulations!
    I, too, have dipped into the shamanic experience in the last year or so...
    The song you quoted, "The roots of my heart..." -- I thought it was written by Cynthia Crossen. Did you know her when you were in NC? She has written and shared innumerable songs of heart, earth, and spirit. If she wrote it, perhaps it can be called a new, rather than old, folk song. :) -- StaySee Willow Deerspring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello StaySee Willow Deerspring :)

    Yes, I knew Cynthia, and this song is on The Community Music Project Album "The Innocence to Cry" - it is where I first hear the song an learned it, alongside the voices of my dear friends. :) There is an older version however, by Pomegranate Rose, leading me to the conclusion that it is either an Appalachian or a 1960's homespun variety.

    I am happy you enjoy the writing! May spirit bless the fountain of speech as it continues to flow forth....

    Love~ Skywalker

    ReplyDelete