About This Blog

This blog attempts to chronicle my interest and growing visibility in the shaman's way. As a child I was very open to spirit worlds, and this quality was fostered and nurtured by my parents, my mother especially. In my twenties I found myself immersed in the study and practice of Polarity Therapy, a holistic system of bodywork, counseling, yoga, and nutrition developed by Dr. Randolph Stone. I began my Polarity Practice in 2002, and it is from this point that shamanic doors began to open and I began to journey with my clients. In 2009 a radical series of life events and unexpected doors began to fly open in fast succession. The most deeply touching is that of the whirling dervish, where I was trained and initiated in a five month intensive process. Following the blazing path opened to me, I now work with daily practices combining many forms of bodywork, meditation, yoga, and ecstatic dance. I remain true to the beating heart of Ayahuasca on a personal level, and to the community of the Shuar from which she came to me. My doctorate on spiritual and artistic practice will be completed in 2014. Please share in my personal journey, it is ever growing and ever changing. As we each awaken and New Earth is being co-created, every one of your comments are most welcome. In Eternal Peace~ Hannah Skywalker Dancing Heart

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Marbles

This weekend I was fortunate enough to participate in a traditional Sun-Moon Dance.  The dance was co-led by Moon Mother Sammey Jo Harvey and Sun-Father Nick Hurn in the beautiful countryside of Norwich.  The experience was such a major turning point in my subtle interior journey that it may be a few days, or maybe longer, before I am ready to talk about it in full.  For now, here are some words of wisdom from the marvelous moon mother:

"People these days are fascinated with the Indian ways.  Well, when I was a little girl the neighboring kids keep telling me I was a Injun Girl.  I said to them, I am not an Injun Girl!  I went in to tell my mother and she said to me, Well what did you tell them?  I told them, I says, I am not an Injun Girl, I don't have no feathers sproutin' out the top of my head!  You're right, she said, now go along and play."
and
"Everybody I meet these days either considers themselves a shaman, or wants to be a shaman.  I tell them, you want to know what it takes to be a shaman?  Well, go and get a gigantic jar and you fill it with marbles.  Every time you do a ceremony, you take one marble out.  You're a shaman when you either get to the end, or you've lost all your marbles!"

Humor rides a red horse :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment