About This Blog

This blog attempts to chronicle my interest and growing visibility in the shaman's way. As a child I was very open to spirit worlds, and this quality was fostered and nurtured by my parents, my mother especially. In my twenties I found myself immersed in the study and practice of Polarity Therapy, a holistic system of bodywork, counseling, yoga, and nutrition developed by Dr. Randolph Stone. I began my Polarity Practice in 2002, and it is from this point that shamanic doors began to open and I began to journey with my clients. In 2009 a radical series of life events and unexpected doors began to fly open in fast succession. The most deeply touching is that of the whirling dervish, where I was trained and initiated in a five month intensive process. Following the blazing path opened to me, I now work with daily practices combining many forms of bodywork, meditation, yoga, and ecstatic dance. I remain true to the beating heart of Ayahuasca on a personal level, and to the community of the Shuar from which she came to me. My doctorate on spiritual and artistic practice will be completed in 2014. Please share in my personal journey, it is ever growing and ever changing. As we each awaken and New Earth is being co-created, every one of your comments are most welcome. In Eternal Peace~ Hannah Skywalker Dancing Heart

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Seasonality

This week autumn blows in with her luscious windswept kisses.  Here in the UK, the sun has already tilted off its high point, and its warming rays no longer provide heat in the bones, just little sighs upon the face.  Geese have been spotted in the skies, and children are headed back to school.  This is one of my favourite times of year!  The abundance of summer is upon the lips as melons and squashes give up their final offerings, tractors thresh the wheat and oats at every field upon my walks, the smell of fresh earth sinks quietly in to the background as the first tremulous leaves fall.  The rains begin.  
photo: Autum Ride by Ming Chai
In middle earth, the fourth world, the current wave of time, we have four seasons -four directions - four major groups of sacred teachings.  According to ancient Vedic and indigenous knowledge, this was not always so.  A pre-agricultural, matriarchal, and maritime past are within our recent cycles, our recent memories.  Researchers D.S. Allan an J.B. Delair (1997) show that the earths axis was once central, not tilted, and seasonality a recent phenomena in geological time.   Occurring through a subtle and momentary combination of precession, tilt, and orbit, seasonality may well be cyclical, if not completely new.  LiveScience.Com 
Painting: Claude Noel
And oh what a delight it is and has been, creation playing itself out within the seasons!  When I take pause and survey the vast array of ceremonies, oral and then written texts, dances, temples, aqueducts, carvings, paintings, weavings, plant lineages, and methods of communication - transport - shelter and joy which have been spawned out of tilt and precession I am astounded to my core.  Cycles of birth-death-rebirth dance before us each and every year, and in our singing and our prayers and our bodies we have become one with the earth in the ways asked of us during this unique mayayuga.  
Womens Dance: Holi Festival
Now, everything is changing again.  Our axis is slowly, but with assurance, moving back to an upright position.  Take for example the tsunami off of the coast of Japan earlier this year.  The earths axis tilted back toward a center point by a massive 4-6inches in just a few hours! Not only is this astounding in its rapidity, but also in the long term changes made to the inhabitable surface of the planet.  NY Times  Space.Com  Huffington Post

What will come next, in terms of climate shift and changes of the earths surface shapes, sea levels, population centers, and how we manage all of this remains to be seen. Spinning Faster As I have stated elsewhere, I do not believe in an apocalypse.  I believe in the profundity and capacity of the human heart united. 
I do realize that some of the ideas I share here could be smirked at by some who prefer to view earth in a smaller window of time, to shunt our responsibility for working with the earth for harmony, who remain fixed in a conception of patriarchal science as the truth rather than a truth.  For me - when I think of the exploitation of the earth and of women and of the pain of industrialization and other manifest horrors, I also see that this is part of the playing out of consciousness, our part, our seeking and our finding.  Sometimes, we have to say no - not this, in order to see our yes - this.  I see yes, I say yes, to the beauty of invention and being that is now being spawned from the interplay of earth-in her galactic journey, and our human part of the soul of the soul of the soul. In this moment. Aho.

No comments:

Post a Comment