About This Blog

This blog attempts to chronicle my interest and growing visibility in the shaman's way. As a child I was very open to spirit worlds, and this quality was fostered and nurtured by my parents, my mother especially. In my twenties I found myself immersed in the study and practice of Polarity Therapy, a holistic system of bodywork, counseling, yoga, and nutrition developed by Dr. Randolph Stone. I began my Polarity Practice in 2002, and it is from this point that shamanic doors began to open and I began to journey with my clients. In 2009 a radical series of life events and unexpected doors began to fly open in fast succession. The most deeply touching is that of the whirling dervish, where I was trained and initiated in a five month intensive process. Following the blazing path opened to me, I now work with daily practices combining many forms of bodywork, meditation, yoga, and ecstatic dance. I remain true to the beating heart of Ayahuasca on a personal level, and to the community of the Shuar from which she came to me. My doctorate on spiritual and artistic practice will be completed in 2014. Please share in my personal journey, it is ever growing and ever changing. As we each awaken and New Earth is being co-created, every one of your comments are most welcome. In Eternal Peace~ Hannah Skywalker Dancing Heart

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Zoom Zoom

Well I've been home for two weeks now, and life is moving fast.  It's the year of the water dragon, a fierce powerful beautiful woman of a beast!  Everyone I talk to...their lives are taking off.
painting by Jessica Elwood
Occupy was evicted from two of their three remaining sites this week.  The movement is shifting.  With a fluid online system of connecting in multiple formats, the movement is far from dead.  Many of those who participated are moving into community....new squats are opening up full of people who connected through the efforts, others are forming farms and building sustainable structures on them, others still are joining already established communities across the country.  The ideals we hashed out, thrashed out, debated endlessly, they are becoming realities.  Realities free from the pressure of the press and the harsh conditions of camping out on concrete, realities with more intentionality, more space inside to coalesce transmissions of light. reflections from an activist


The children are back to school, enjoying the structure and remaking their lenses on the world from a new vantage point.  Listening to them, to the phases of wonder and delight which opened up in the first half of the trip, to the tiredness and frustration which settled in as the weeks wore on, to the new cognitive maps which are emerging bit by bit, has been such a teaching for me and such a joy!
And Ayahuasca, she reorganises the life.  Inner resonance changes, and the stream of people I love and interact with shifts as new possibilities emerge on a daily basis.  One of the major shifts for me in the last few months was the slow realisation that I must, that the only viable choice for my soul, is to commit completely to dancing and performing.  The work, it is flowing in!  And I am exhausted, over scheduled, and delighted at once.  A new set point for how much I can hold, how much delight I can bear, how much sleep I really need, is here. This is one of my favourite parts of spiritual journeying, is to observe the outer changes resultant from new horizons on the interior landscape.
loving the jungle
My garden also welcomes me.  She asks to be cleaned, sung to, planted.  I walk the fens and cycle over town and reconnect with the watery earthy energy of this landscape.  It is windy and cold!  The crocuses have come out, the snowbells, the daffodils.  I will burn a fire this weekend, at our coming home party, and the elemental reorientation will be complete.
beautiful welcome home!
Our pets are also happy to see us.  The guinea pig squeaks with joy when we come home and our lovely lovely cat just sleeps on my belly, purring through the night.  It has also been such a joy to whirl again!  The first practice back was precise and clean and high.  And the second practice was difficult and sweaty. And the first ceremony, what a challenge!  And a delightful one.  The whirling community here in London, it is one of my main reasons for being here.  Such a rare and beautiful practice!  Out of the few places in the world where one can train and enact the tradition, I am lucky beyond belief to have stumbled upon it, to know it, to have it weaving through the daily ins and outs of all I do.  The deepest paths I know of are whirling and ayahuasca.  They are my paths.  In time, I will write more about the connections there.  For now, I have hit the ground running, and the stillness which was cultivated in the last year deepened in the jungle and provides a springy delicious platform for being in the world in a new way.
Ohm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment