About This Blog

This blog attempts to chronicle my interest and growing visibility in the shaman's way. As a child I was very open to spirit worlds, and this quality was fostered and nurtured by my parents, my mother especially. In my twenties I found myself immersed in the study and practice of Polarity Therapy, a holistic system of bodywork, counseling, yoga, and nutrition developed by Dr. Randolph Stone. I began my Polarity Practice in 2002, and it is from this point that shamanic doors began to open and I began to journey with my clients. In 2009 a radical series of life events and unexpected doors began to fly open in fast succession. The most deeply touching is that of the whirling dervish, where I was trained and initiated in a five month intensive process. Following the blazing path opened to me, I now work with daily practices combining many forms of bodywork, meditation, yoga, and ecstatic dance. I remain true to the beating heart of Ayahuasca on a personal level, and to the community of the Shuar from which she came to me. My doctorate on spiritual and artistic practice will be completed in 2014. Please share in my personal journey, it is ever growing and ever changing. As we each awaken and New Earth is being co-created, every one of your comments are most welcome. In Eternal Peace~ Hannah Skywalker Dancing Heart

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Suns in August

Last weekend we slept on the roof in order to watch the Perseid meteor shower. Banks of fog hung in the sky, and so we had a small fire in the garden, burning paper trash and dried branches of garden trimmings, incense.  We found that if you take dried lilac blossoms and throw them on the fire they are a beautiful beautiful incense :)  On the roof, snuggled under duvets with the sound of many winds whispering in the trees, we looked at the sky.  As we watched the clear sky directly above us widened.  More stars appeared and the fog stayed in patches on the left and right.  As we lay there six large meteors streaked across the heavens!!  Wow. They were either luminous hot white or bold orange with neon yellow edges and they were HUGE.  Each spark lasted only a moment and yet the after wave lasted minutes as the energy surged through our vision and bodies.  Waking up in the morning, bright sun on the face, eyes in the blue, was delightful.


The Perseid meteor shower comes from the constellation Perseus.  A continual stream of comets surges from his heart, and it is at this time of year, when we rotate past his field, that we can observe the Perseids.  This time of year is a special time for the sun, and some of the oldest cultures on the earth date circa 1,000 BC as a time when the sun became prominent in our spiritual ways and means.  
  


Sunday night last I sat in contemplation and the crown on my head opened so that a large funnel of light rays began to flow in.  The were bright and expansive, as if it were the sun itself, and I  momentarily took a moment to let  my brain register this was happening.  Then I let go into the experience and just allowed the sun to wash through me, brightening my entire system until I too shone from the inside with the rays of light pouring into me.  It was spectacular!  The energy which followed lasted several days, and I was just very very zingy, even to point of drinking chamomile tea and remaining alert as ever - no coffee was needed for these couple of days!

The Dakini Sinhamukha
from 'The Tibetan Book of the Great Liberation'
I contemplate at this time of year, I remember in my imagination and senses and pauses, the time as it cycles through humanity.  I think on the time when we began to domesticate animals, when women walked with lions, when the horse civilisations began to emerge, when the people of the red road gathered across Asia and walked across the Bering Straight into their new world.  I think on the times when the great temples and structures rose up across the earth, when the push and thrust of the sun directed us in our upward and organisational impulses.  I think of the rise of sun worship and the agricultural turn, our love and dependence on RA shaping our cosmologies and life ways.  And further back, I think on a time when the world was very young and we were not committed as souls to one form yet.  The glory and beauty of changing from an eagle to a tortoise to a rock to a water molecule as Gaia groaned and pushed to create her environment and its inhabitants!  And even then the tiny section of time all this is, the smallness of our own story, the vastness and endlessness of the unfolding mulitverses.  Wow.  

Solar Flare near Tekapo, New Zealnad July 2012

So in August, when the light is softening and the solar flares are strong in our visions, take time to rest and appreciate nature.  Remember the vastness of time and how the one split into the many so that events could unfold at their own frequencies.  Trust your remembering.

Sun!!!  

For last years post on the sun see: Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment