About This Blog

This blog attempts to chronicle my interest and growing visibility in the shaman's way. As a child I was very open to spirit worlds, and this quality was fostered and nurtured by my parents, my mother especially. In my twenties I found myself immersed in the study and practice of Polarity Therapy, a holistic system of bodywork, counseling, yoga, and nutrition developed by Dr. Randolph Stone. I began my Polarity Practice in 2002, and it is from this point that shamanic doors began to open and I began to journey with my clients. In 2009 a radical series of life events and unexpected doors began to fly open in fast succession. The most deeply touching is that of the whirling dervish, where I was trained and initiated in a five month intensive process. Following the blazing path opened to me, I now work with daily practices combining many forms of bodywork, meditation, yoga, and ecstatic dance. I remain true to the beating heart of Ayahuasca on a personal level, and to the community of the Shuar from which she came to me. My doctorate on spiritual and artistic practice will be completed in 2014. Please share in my personal journey, it is ever growing and ever changing. As we each awaken and New Earth is being co-created, every one of your comments are most welcome. In Eternal Peace~ Hannah Skywalker Dancing Heart

Friday, August 19, 2011

Lifestyles in the Now

When I was 16-17 years old I considered going to college for a degree in Urban Planning.  I saw our cities full of fountains, plants, good childcare situations on site for all mothers who wanted to work, planning meetings full of peace and kindness.  In the end, I couldn't find a program that would help me achieve this kind of urban environment, and I was having so much success and delight with dancing, that I went to college for a degree in performance.  The real questions of How will we create beautiful living spaces that please us? How will we ensure that our work is fulfilling to us?  How we will live together without fighting? and How will we manage our sewer systems? weighed in my thinking heavily.  Luckily, we each have our gift and no one of us needs to tackle the entire system alone.  I present here three documentary films which show transitional efforts from diverse perspectives.  Whether we are seeking to renew urban environments, build new tribal communities, or bring healing and 'lost' knowledge to our peoples, we are all working toward the same beautiful vision: New Earth.




With Love~  Be inspired!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment